Thursday, December 3, 2015

Week 13 Hail Mary Plays

The Daily Fantasy Minute:  Where DFS advice is always free!

I have a $3500 cutoff for Hail Mary Plays.  I do sometimes cheat and creep over the line but I try to stick to my own set of rules.  Since two of my Hail Mary Plays were already covered in my RB write ups this week, I will add a couple more players.

1.  C.J. Anderson ($3500)
Denver vs San Diego
I hi-lighted Anderson in my RB plays this week.  He is my #1 Hail Mary Play for Week 13.


2.  David Johnson ($3400)
Arizona vs St. Louis
David Johnson may get the most volume of any players in this list.  If you  are looking to load up at QB or WR, using Anderson and Johnson at RB will allow you to do so.

3.  DeVante Parker ($3300)
Miami vs Baltimore
Parker has the talent to become an elite WR in the NFL.  He has the size/speed combo (6'3", 209lbs/4.45 40) to make defenses pay extra attention to him.  Jarvis Landry has proven to be a tremendous possession WR that Tannehill is willing to trust.  Parker is the down field threat the Dolphins can use to stretch the field.  Parker saw 10 targets in Week 12 against the Jets turning those targets into 4/80/1.  The Ravens weakness is their secondary.  If the Dolphins attack the Ravens through the air, Parker could be in for a very nice day.  He is a great value for just $3300.  He defines a Hail Mary Play.

4.  Vance McDonald ($3000)
San Francisco vs Chicago
This feels weird to even say but Blaine Gabbert actually looks like an NFL QB.  I never thought I would ever say that in my lifetime.  Since Gabbert has taken the 49er offense over, McDonald has both an uptick in targets as well as production.  He has scored in each of the last two weeks and also led the team in Red Zone targets in that same span.  McDonald has a relatively high floor and should have no problem hitting 4x value.

5.  Scott Chandler ($2500)
New England vs Philadelphia
Everyone in every DFS circle is talking about Scott Chandler this week and rightfully so.  I am no different.  You can see my write up on Chandler here. 

6.  Ted Ginn ($3600)
Carolina vs New Orleans
It's just so easy to pick on the Saints but sometimes you just go with what is easy.  When you are shopping in this price range, you are going to deal with boom/bust type players.  The idea is to pick their boom weeks.  This week could easily be a boom week for Ginn.  I do believe a large amount of volume will go to the more likely suspects but there is big plays to be had against the Saints.  Ginn has big plays in him.  He is an obvious GPP play due to his extremely LOW floor.  Just last week against the Cowboys, he was held catch-less offering owners a zero point day.

Follow me on Twitter @Brian_Eilering

No comments:

Post a Comment