Sunday, September 4, 2016

Week 1 Notes

Free DFS Advice - All Free Premium Content

I have been so busy with work, I simply haven't had a chance to write this summer.  With DFS picking back up in the NFL, I couldn't leave it alone.  I jumped right in and made some line ups.  I thought I would share my thoughts with those that are interested.

Last season was strong.  I tripled my money on Draft Kings and I'm aiming to accomplish that once again.

For now, here are some random notes:
The Raiders stack is strong against the weak Saints defense.  The Saints did very little to improve defensively, there is no reason to shy away from attacking this poor defense. I would feel comfortable using any combination of Carr, Murray, Crabtree, Walford, and Cooper.  This would make a great stack in your GPP contests.

Rashad Jennings represents tremendous value at $5400.  All signs point to him getting the lions share of the RB work.  He is a strong pass catcher as well.  The Giants are facing a Dallas D missing TONS of players up front.  Jennings is a safe play in all formats.

I know you will all be tempted to tee up players in Thursday Night Football.  I said it all last year but I will say it again...get into contests with TNF players but DON'T use the players.  Week 1 is no different.  In fact, I would highly encourage you to fire up tons of contest with TNF  in Week 1.  Everyone will be itching to get back in the game and will likely use plenty of players.  It's a great advantage to have for week 1.

Spencer Ware for $4400 is an enormous bargain.  Charles will be limited and Ware made it clear he's the primary backup.  Ware could get 20+ touches.  I will be sure to work him into several line ups.

Melvin Gordon has some negative bias following him from last season.  His price at $4600 is quite attractive for a RB that should get a full workload.  The Chiefs only gave up 7 rushing TD's but Justin Houston is starting the season on the PUP list.  Gordon should be in for 20+ carries making him a great deal for week 1.

Eli Manning ($7500) is a good deal.  Cam Newton is $7700 but facing that tough Denver D on TNF.  I would much prefer to use Manning for $200 less facing the Dallas D missing most of their front 7.  Dallas might be in for long afternoon.

Martellus Bennett ($3400) makes a lot of sense.  He will get his share of targets.  Even with Brady out, Bennett will see plenty of balls.  This price makes him very attractive.

The Titans Defense ($2600) was middle of the road last year.  They are a strong play this week against Minnesota who will likely be forced to start Shaun Hill in week 1 as they continue to get Sam Bradford up to speed on their offense.  The total is currently off the Vegas board but I think it will be around 40 when it comes on.There is a fair chance it ends up being the lowest total on the NFL slate this weekend.
The Titans check off most the boxes I'm looking for:
1.  Low Vegas Total
2.  Home Team
3.  Facing New QB
4.  Vegas Favorite?

Kamar Aiken ($4700) should get double digit targets in Trestman's pass heavy offense.  Steve Smith isn't going to be himself.  Buck Allen will get some out of backfield.  Ben Watson is out for year.  All signs point to Aiken getting volume and his price is off to start the year.  He will be a $5500 WR by week 3.


Email: br_eilering@yahoo.com
Twitter: @Brian_Eilering

No comments:

Post a Comment