Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Week 1 DFS Strategy - The Zero RB Approach

Free DFS Advice - All Free Premium Content

With the news of Thomas Rawls the official #2 behind Christine Michael for Week 1, I think a new strategy should be in play.

RB1 - Spencer Ware ($4400)
RB2 - Christin Michael ($3600)

This only ties up $8000 of your cap with what will amount to two full time RB1's.  Now, you can get as creative as you would like with the remainder of your roster.  It allows you to go big at the WR position where the Draft Kings PPR comes into play.  I would propose something along these lines.



Taking advantage of pricing inefficiencies is the name of the game in DFS.  Getting two full time RB1 candidates at or near minimum pricing allows a ton of flexibility.  I would be hard pressed to spend any more money on the RB position this week.  I am not trying to say there are not other great opportunities out there at RB but I am not convinced you can find better value.

UPDATE:
I have had several people offer variations of this line up.  Including removing Latavius Murray or possibly changing out Brandin Cooks.

The point of this strategy is to give you the most amount of flexibility as possible.  I may not even use this exact LU myself.  I will use some form of it though.

James White ($3600) is another very logical player to use in this zero RB approach.  Again, the more big time WR's you are able to utilize, the better off you are in Week 1.  They will offer a massive amount of upside while limiting the potential floor of many of the low-mid range WR's you may be forced to use with a different strategy.

br_eilering@yahoo.com
@brian_eilering

No comments:

Post a Comment